Monday, September 30, 2013

PANTY LINES R THE NEW BLURRED LINES

So much has been happening in Paris during Fashion Week.  Raf did a stellar Dior.  Schiaparelli announced their expected creative director, Marco Zannini.  Rumors suggest that Marc Jacobs final Vuitton show could be imminent.  However, the one thing I really wanted to attend was the opening of Azzedine Alaia's retrospective currently on display at Palais Galliera

I have spent many fun afternoons and evenings with Azzedine.  Once he cooked me lunch with guests including legendary ginger model Bettina and  Belgian beauty Hannelore Knuts.  We have had dinner with my French "mamas," too.  Every time, I always bring Azzedine a vintage piece for his collection.  Mostly from Claire McCardell.  In return, he usually gives me a unisex clutch and I complain that he doesn't make anything for men. 

When I return to Paris for the January Couture shows I will certainly attend this retrospective and do note it closes on 26 January.  You can always get your Alaia addiction on at Decades and this mock turtleneck viscose scuba dress with revealing net inserts at the hip, back, and arms is ready for you to blur some lines.  View more Alaia from Decades here.





Alaia black cotton/viscose blend net dress, c.1980's. Marked size small, modern size 4-6.SOLD

For additional information, please email blog@decadesinc.com or call + 1 323 655-1960. You may also visit us in person at Decades 8214 Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles, California. Please reference the description above, if calling or emailing.