Friday, September 28, 2012

FEELING VERY 80S

So what do you guys think of the Paris collection so far?  I loved what Raf did for Dior.  Woke up at 5 am to watch the show via my friends on Instagram,  I think Balenciaga looked super fresh.  Very interesting proportions and completely 21st century.  Balmain sort of scared me, but I do love all the belts.  Speaking of belts, how about these belts wrapped around one of our epic shouldered vintage Alaia or YSL jackets to create your take on Olivier Rousteing's take on the big shouldered late 1980s?  These belts are from the decade where I first  found my love of fashion so I hope you can fall in love and get wrapped up in Claude Montana and Jean Claude Jirtois who knew their way around a shoulder pad and certainly around a waist, too. Go for an original and trust me these belts will cost 1/10 of the Balmain ones!  I wish the Jitrois ones were in my size.  The buckle is so super-sized and means business!
-Cameron





Claude Montana black leather with metal and leather string detail, measured 30 in. c. 1980's.
Claude Montana black leather with stitching detail and circle buckle, measured 35in. c. 1980's. 
Jean-Claude Jitrois dark green lizard with gold buckle, marked size 70, measured 31 in.  
c. 1980's.
Jean-Claude Jitrois black lizard with gold buckle, marked size 75, measured 33in. c. 1980's.

For additional information, please email blog@decadesinc.com or call + 1 323 655-1960. You may also visit us in person at Decades 8214 Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles, California. Please reference the description above, if calling or emailing.