Tuesday, August 21, 2012

WTF WITH DOWNTON ABBEY

We keep picking up 1920s pieces since a Deco trend has certainly been evidenced on the runways and Downton Abbey is moving into the 1920s next season, also.  Flapper dresses are always divine, but sometimes a "remnant" from the past can pay homage to the Roaring 20s without going head-to-toe.  Certainly many of the authentic 1920s pieces were augmented over the nearly one hundred years since they were created.  I can't for certain guarantee what this wrap blouse looked like this its original configuration.  Perhaps it was part of a dress?  Regardless, I am a firm believer in eccentric editions to a wardrobe and this could be worn with double tape a la J Lo to cover your boobies.  Alternatively, this could be great worn with a ribbed tank and a pair of jeans for a casual nonchalant look.  I depend on those weird (often impulsive) purchases in my closet because when I really feel I have nothing cool or fresh to wear, it's those "WTF" pieces that suddenly inspire me and will inspire you, too.  As a matter of fact, I bought a red velvet waist length cape today from the 1960s.  WTF?  Wait till you see how it will inspire some wacky ensemble during fashion week!
-Cameron
 




Anonymous Deco beaded wrap blouse, c. 1920s.  Adjustable size SOLD

For additional information, please email blog@decadesinc.com or call + 1 323 655-1960. You may also visit us in person at Decades 8214 Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles, California. Please reference the description above, if calling or emailing.