Friday, July 20, 2012

ALTA MODA VERBOTEN

No one told me not to share pictures of the Dolce & Gabbana debut couture show in Taormina last week, but I did!  I got in a little trouble after photos I put on my Instagram went viral and a slew of fashion sites snagged them without my permission...so I took the pictures down ASAP.  But it pays to follow me if you want a sneak peak from the runways of the world.  The "Alta Moda" show was pure vintage D&G with tons of Sicilian references that blended Roman Catholicism with Anna Magnani and a touch of Scarlett O'Hara.  Although a lot of the collection was a bit too retro for my taste, I was drawn to several looks including this hand-embroidered cage jacket with gold sequins that is a bit reminiscent of Christian Dior bar jackets that I referenced in my earlier post. 

Today I seem to be wanting to recreate Haute Couture runway looks and this Valentino wool challis gathered blouse with elaborate embroidery is my "cheap and chic" version of the Alta Moda option.  We paired it with a pair of Chanel denim short-shorts to pay homage to the Alta Moda styling.  The bat sleeves may be serving an early 1980s reference but the ornate pattern is pure feast of Italian Rococo. 

In an effort to be fiscally responsible, consider this post a PSA for DIY Haute Couture. 
Saving you tens of thousands, with love,
Cameron
 




Valentino Boutique Rococo pullover in wool challis and ornate embroidery, c. 1980s.  Gathered waist to fit Modern size 4 to 6

For additional information, please email blog@decadesinc.com or call + 1 323 655-1960. You may also visit us in person at Decades 8214 Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles, California. Please reference the description above, if calling or emailing.